- History of the Program
- Trace the origins and progress of the National Scenic Byways Program since its creation in 1991.
- Program Staff
- Find out who you can contact about byway-related issues.
- Discretionary Grants
- Find information on NSBP discretionary grants, which provides merit-based funding to eligible byway projects on an annual basis.
- Nomination of Byways
- Find out how a byway is nominated and designated as a National Scenic Byway or All-American Road - one of America's Byways.
- Obtain publications from the National Scenic Byways Program, including an updated version of the America’s Byways "tear sheet" Small Map.
- The America's Byways® Brand
- Find out how the program is marketed under the America's Byways brand. Get the America's Byways logo and other marketing tools for your byway's use.
- National Scenic Byways Program Partners
- Information about National Scenic Byways Program's Partners.
Our Vision & Mission
The vision of the program is to create a distinctive collection of American roads, their stories and treasured places.
The mission of the National Scenic Byways Program is to provide resources to the byway community to create unique travel experiences and enhance local quality of life through efforts to preserve, protect, interpret, and promote the intrinsic qualities of designated byways.
- United States Code
- Title 23, Section 162 of the United States Code describes creation of the National Scenic Byways program. (Updated in 2005)
- Interim Policy
- Interim Policy for the National Scenic Byways Program. This gives criteria for designation of roads as National Scenic Byways or All-American Roads.