Choose one of the following to view it online.
- America’s Byways Small Map (PDF)
This map is intended to be a simple overview piece that features a map and listing of the America’s Byways collection, and has been designed to support outreach to stakeholders, community groups, and elected officials. This map, previously known as the “tear sheet,” is in a convenient 11” x 17” format and is easy to download and print.
- National Scenic Byways Legislation (SAFETEA-LU)
- Title 23, Section 162 of the United States Code describes creation of the National Scenic Byways program. This legislation was most recently amended in 2005 upon passage of the Safe, Accountable, Flexible, and Efficient Transportation Equity Act - A Legacy for Users (SAFETEA-LU).
- Interim Policy
Federal Highway Administration's Interim Policy for the National Scenic Byways Program. Includes descriptions of intrinsic qualities and 14 points of corridor management planning.
- FY 2008 Grant Information
- Information on the National Scenic Byways discretionary grants program, including eligibility criteria, application process, and changes for the current year.
- America's Byways Bulletin
- Archived copies of the America's Byways Bulletin, a bi-monthly e-mail bulletin sent to America's Byways and others.
- Assessing and Sustaining the Quality of the America's Byways Collection
- Results of a research effort to compile and analyze information on the quality of America's Byways and the results of projects funded through the National Scenic Byways Program.
- Digital Media Library
- Our searchable repository of documents, photos, and other media related to byways.